As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To cook a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza, preheat your oven to the recommended temperature and place the Pizza directly on the oven rack.
Preparing For Cooking
Cooking a frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza is a convenient and delicious option for those busy days when you want to enjoy a homemade taste without the fuss. While the process is straightforward, a little preparation can go a long way in ensuring that your Pizza turns out perfectly crispy and mouthwatering. In this section, we will guide you through the essential steps to follow before placing your Pizza in the oven.
Thawing The Pizza
Thawing the frozen Pizza is an important step to achieve even cooking and a delightful texture. There are a couple of methods you can use to thaw your Pizza:
- Refrigerator Thawing: The easiest and safest way to thaw your Papa Murphy’s Pizza is to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator. Allow the Pizza to thaw overnight or for approximately 12 hours. This gradual thawing process helps preserve the quality of the ingredients and ensures even cooking.
- Counter Thawing: If you’re short on time and need to thaw your Pizza quickly, you can opt for the counter-thawing method. Wrap the sealed Pizza in aluminum foil and leave it on the counter for about 2 hours. Make sure to place it away from direct sunlight or any heat sources.
Remember, it’s crucial to thaw the Pizza thoroughly before cooking to enhance the overall taste and make sure the ingredients are cooked evenly.
Preheating The Oven
Now that you’ve successfully thawed the Pizza, it’s time to preheat your oven. Preheating ensures that the Pizza cooks evenly and helps achieve that delicious golden crust. Follow these steps to preheat your oven:
- Check the Oven Temperature: Start by confirming that your oven temperature is accurate. An oven thermometer can come in handy for this purpose. Adjust the temperature if needed to match the recommended temperature on the Papa Murphy’s pizza packaging.
- Remove Pizza from Packaging: The Pizza should be removed from its packing and placed on a baking sheet or pizza stone as soon as it has thawed. Ensure that the Pizza is still securely wrapped in plastic to maintain freshness.
- Preheat the Oven: Set your oven to the recommended temperature and allow it to preheat for at least 10-15 minutes. This preheating time ensures that the oven reaches the desired temperature, resulting in a perfectly cooked pizza.
Preheating your oven is a vital step in the pizza cooking process as it guarantees an evenly cooked and piping hot Pizza straight from your oven. This attention to detail will undoubtedly impress your taste buds!
Cooking Method 1: Baking In The Oven
Learn how to cook a delicious frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza using the baking method in the oven. Simply follow these steps for a crispy crust and melted cheese.
Preparing The Baking Tray
Before you start cooking your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza in the oven, you need to prepare the baking tray. This ensures that your Pizza cooks evenly and doesn’t stick to the tray.
To prepare the baking tray:
- First, preheat your oven to the recommended temperature (we will discuss this in the next section).
- Then, take out a baking tray that is large enough to fit your Pizza. A pizza stone or metal baking sheet both work fine.
- If you are using a metal baking tray, lightly grease it with olive oil or cooking spray to prevent the Pizza from sticking.
- If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven while preheating to ensure it gets hot.
Placing The Pizza On The Tray
Once your baking tray is ready, it’s time to place the Pizza on it. Be careful not to damage the Pizza while doing this.
To place the Pizza on the tray:
- Take the frozen Pizza out of its packaging.
- Remove any plastic wrap or cardboard support that may be included with the Pizza.
- If your Pizza comes with a baking tray, you can place the Pizza directly on it.
- If you are using a separate baking tray or pizza stone, carefully transfer the Pizza onto it.
Setting The Oven Temperature
Now that your Pizza is on the baking tray, it’s time to set the oven temperature. The right temperature ensures that your pizza cooks thoroughly without burning.
To set the oven temperature:
- Refer to the cooking instructions on the Papa Murphy’s pizza packaging for the recommended oven temperature.
- Preheat your oven to the specified temperature and allow it to reach that temperature before placing the Pizza inside.
Monitoring The Cooking Time
Once your oven has reached the desired temperature, it’s time to start cooking your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza. However, it’s important to monitor the cooking time to ensure the Pizza doesn’t overcook or undercook.
To monitor the cooking time:
- Set a timer based on the recommended cooking time provided on the pizza packaging.
- Check the Pizza periodically. If the crust starts to brown too quickly, you can tent the Pizza with aluminum foil to prevent further browning.
- Once the cooking time is complete, carefully remove the Pizza from the oven.
Cooking Method 2: Grilling On A BBQ
Grilling Pizza on a BBQ can give it a delicious smoky flavor and create a crispy crust that many pizza enthusiasts love. If you’re looking for an alternative cooking method for your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza, grilling on a BBQ might be just what you need. In this section, we will guide you through the steps to grill your frozen Pizza to perfection.
Heating The Bbq Grill
Before you start grilling your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza, it’s important to heat your BBQ grill properly. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, around 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius). This will ensure that the Pizza cooks evenly and retains its delicious flavors.
Preparing The Pizza For Grilling
While the grill is heating up, prepare your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza for grilling. Follow these steps:
- Thaw the Pizza: Allow your frozen Pizza to thaw for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature. This will help the Pizza cook more evenly on the grill.
- Preheat the Pizza Stone: If you have a pizza stone, preheat it on the grill for about 10 minutes. This will help create a crispy crust.
- Prepare the Toppings: While the Pizza is thawing, you can prepare any additional toppings or sauces you’d like to add to your Papa Murphy’s Pizza.
Placing The Pizza On The Grill
Once your grill is preheated and your Pizza is thawed, it’s time to place the Pizza on the grill. Follow these steps:
- Oil the Grill Grates: Using tongs and a paper towel soaked in oil, carefully oil the grill grates to prevent the Pizza from sticking.
- Place the Pizza on the Grill: Gently transfer the thawed Pizza onto the preheated grill or pizza stone. Be cautious, as the grill may be hot. Close the lid of the grill to trap the heat and allow the Pizza to cook properly.
Adjusting The Heat And Position
To ensure your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza cooks evenly and without burning, you may need to adjust the heat and position of the grill. Here’s what you need to do:
- Lower the Heat: If you notice that the grill is too hot and the bottom of the Pizza is browning too quickly, lower the heat to medium or move the Pizza to a cooler section of the grill.
- Rotate the Pizza: To prevent uneven cooking, rotate the Pizza occasionally during the grilling process. This will ensure that all sides of the Pizza receive equal heat.
Checking The Cooking Progress
As your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza cooks on the grill, it’s essential to keep an eye on its progress. Here’s how to do it:
- Monitor the Crust: Check the crust color periodically. You want a golden-brown crust that’s crispy but not burnt.
- Use a Thermometer: Checking the Pizza’s internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer is a good idea, just in case. The safe temperature for cooked Pizza is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).
- Remove and Serve: Once your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza has reached the desired doneness, carefully remove it from the grill using tongs or a pizza peel. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Grilling Pizza on a BBQ is a fun and unique way to enjoy your favorite frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza. By following these steps, you can achieve a delicious grilled pizza with a smoky flavor and a perfectly cooked crust. Enjoy your homemade BBQ pizza!
Cooking Method 3: Using A Pizza Stone
Cooking a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza on a pizza stone allows you to achieve a perfectly crispy crust and evenly cooked toppings. The pizza stone absorbs and distributes heat evenly, resulting in a delicious homemade pizza that tastes just like it came from a pizzeria. In this section, we will discuss the steps to cook a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza using a pizza stone.
Preheating The Pizza Stone
Before you start cooking, it’s important to preheat the pizza stone to ensure it reaches the optimal temperature. Preheating the stone helps in achieving a crispy crust. Follow these steps:
- Place the pizza stone in the oven on the middle rack. Make sure the stone is clean and free from any debris.
- Set the oven temperature to 475°F (245°C) and allow the stone to preheat for at least 30 minutes. Giving the stone ample time to heat up ensures a perfectly cooked pizza.
Transferring The Pizza Onto The Stone
Once the pizza stone is preheated, it’s time to transfer the frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza onto the stone. Carefully follow these steps:
- Remove the Pizza from its packaging and place it on a piece of parchment paper. The parchment paper will make it easier to slide the Pizza onto the hot stone.
- Using oven mitts or kitchen tongs, carefully pick up the Pizza along with the parchment paper and gently slide it onto the preheated pizza stone.
Placing The Stone In The Oven
After transferring the Pizza onto the stone, it’s time to place the stone back into the oven for baking. Follow these steps:
- Using oven mitts, carefully place the pizza stone with the Pizza back into the oven.
- Ensure that the stone is placed on the middle rack of the oven for even cooking.
Monitoring The Cooking Time And Temperature
While the Pizza is cooking, it’s important to monitor the cooking time and temperature to ensure a perfect pizza. Take the following steps:
- Set a timer according to the recommended cooking time provided on the pizza packaging.
- Monitor the Pizza closely during the last few minutes to prevent overcooking or burning.
- Using an oven thermometer, periodically check the internal temperature of the Pizza to ensure it reaches a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
By following these steps and using a pizza stone, you can enjoy a delicious homemade Papa Murphy’s pizza that is cooked to perfection.
Serving And Enjoying The Pizza
Now that your frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza is perfectly cooked to perfection, it’s time to savor the delicious flavors and enjoy every bite. Follow these simple steps to serve and enjoy your piping hot and mouthwatering Pizza.
Removing The Pizza From The Oven/grill
Once your Papa Murphy’s Pizza is cooked to a golden crisp, carefully remove it from the oven or grill using oven mitts or heat-resistant gloves. Place the Pizza on a heatproof surface, such as a cutting board or pizza stone, to avoid any potential damage to your countertop or table.
Allowing The Pizza To Cool
Before diving into your freshly baked Pizza, it’s important to allow it to cool for a few minutes. This not only prevents burnt mouths but also allows the toppings and cheese to settle, creating a better flavor experience. Give your Pizza about 2-3 minutes to cool down before moving on to the next step.
Slicing And Serving The Pizza
Get ready to enjoy your delicious Papa Murphy’s Pizza by slicing it into mouthwatering portions. Follow these steps:
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, make a clean and straight cut through the center of the Pizza, dividing it into two halves.
- Continue slicing each half into equal portions according to the desired serving size. Aim for 6-8 slices, depending on your preference.
- Once sliced, use a spatula or pizza peel to carefully transfer each slice onto individual plates or a serving platter.
Now, it’s time to indulge in the mouthwatering Pizza you’ve just prepared. The combination of the crispy crust, gooey cheese, and flavorful toppings will surely satisfy your cravings.
Note: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate. Papa Murphy’s Pizza can be easily reheated in a preheated oven or microwave for a quick and tasty meal later on.
Frequently Asked Questions For How To Cook A Frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
Typically, it will take around 20-30 minutes to cook a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza in the oven.
Can You Put A Frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza Directly In The Oven?
Yes, you can put a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza directly in the oven without thawing it first. Just follow the cooking instructions provided on the packaging.
What Temperature Should I Set My Oven To When Cooking A Frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza?
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) when cooking a frozen Papa Murphy’s pizza. This will ensure that the pizza cooks evenly and reaches the desired golden brown crust.
To conclude, cooking a frozen Papa Murphy’s Pizza is a simple and convenient way to enjoy a delicious homemade meal. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can achieve a crispy crust and perfectly melted cheese every time.
Whether you’re in a rush or just craving some tasty pizza, this method will never disappoint. So go ahead and give it a try; you won’t be disappointed!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.