As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza is a flavorful dish made with homemade pizza dough, topped with garlic scape basil pesto, mozzarella, and cheese. It is easy to make and bursting with flavors.
Creating The Perfect Garlic Scape Pesto
Garlic scape pesto is a delicious and versatile sauce that can elevate any dish, and it’s incredibly wonderful when used as a base for a mouthwatering garlic scape pesto pizza. In this section, we’ll dive into creating the perfect garlic scape pesto, from harvesting and preparing the garlic scapes to gathering the necessary ingredients and making the pesto.
Harvesting And Preparing Garlic Scapes
Before creating an incredible garlic scape pesto, harvest and prepare the main ingredient – garlic scapes. Garlic scapes are the long, curly flower stalks that emerge from the tops of garlic plants. They have a mild garlic flavor and a crisp texture, making them a fantastic addition to dishes like pesto.
To harvest garlic scapes, wait until they are about 10-12 inches long and tender. Using a sharp knife or garden shears, cut the scapes just above the bottom set of leaves, ensuring that you don’t damage the rest of the plant. Once harvested, it’s essential to prepare the scapes by removing any tough or woody parts. Remove the bulbous flower head and discard any dry or discolored stalk sections.
Ingredients For Garlic Scape Pesto
Now that your garlic scapes are harvested and prepared, it’s time to gather the rest of the ingredients for your garlic scape pesto. You’ll need:
|Fresh basil leaves
|Grated Parmesan cheese
|Extra-virgin olive oil
These ingredients work together to create a flavorful and vibrant garlic scape pesto that will be the star of your pizza. Be sure to use high-quality olive oil and fresh ingredients for the best results.
Making Garlic Scape Pesto
With your harvested scapes prepared and all the ingredients at hand, it’s time to make the garlic scape pesto. Follow these simple steps:
- Place the garlic scapes, basil leaves, pine nuts, grated Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and salt into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse the ingredients until they are roughly chopped and well combined.
- While the processor or blender runs, slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil until the mixture reaches a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once the pesto is ready, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Now that you’ve created the perfect garlic scape pesto, you can use it as a delicious and flavorful base for your garlic scape pesto pizza. Spread it onto your favorite pizza dough and top it with your choice of toppings, such as mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted, and enjoy a slice of pizza packed with the vibrant flavors of garlic and basil.
Making And Enjoying Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza
Indulge in the savory delight of Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza, featuring homemade pizza dough topped with fragrant garlic scape pesto, melted mozzarella, and a sprinkle of cheese. Each bite is bursting with flavor that will keep you returning for more.
Preparing The Pizza Dough
- Tuck the dough into a food storage bag to rest and rise.
- Chop the garlic scapes and freeze them for later use.
- Freeze half of the dough if you prefer a lighter pizza.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the dough to enhance its flavor.
- Add about a fourth of a cup of sliced almonds to give your pizza a nice crunch.
- Sprinkle about half a teaspoon of salt to season the dough.
- Drizzle in five tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to create a smooth, elastic dough.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the dough to add a touch of cheesiness.
- Add copious amounts of cheese on top for a gooey and flavorful pizza.
With these simple steps, your pizza dough will be ready to be transformed into a delicious garlic scape pesto pizza.
Toppings And Variations
Once your pizza dough is prepared, it’s time to get creative with the toppings. Here are some topping ideas and variations to try with your garlic scape pesto pizza:
- Spread a generous amount of garlic scape pesto on the crust for a burst of garlicky flavor.
- Top it with fresh mozzarella cheese for a creamy and melty texture.
- Add cherry tomatoes for a burst of juiciness and tanginess.
- Drizzle a balsamic reduction over the pizza to add a sweet and tangy twist.
- Experiment with cheeses like goat or feta cheese for a unique flavor profile.
- For a vegetarian option, add sautéed mushrooms or roasted vegetables to the pizza.
- Add some cooked bacon or spicy pepperoni for an extra kick
if you’re a meat lover.
Mix and match these toppings to create your customized garlic scape pesto pizza. The possibilities are endless!
Baking And Serving Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza
Now that your pizza dough and toppings are ready, it’s time to bake and serve your garlic scape pesto pizza. Follow these simple instructions to achieve a perfectly cooked and flavorful pizza:
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place the prepared pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Bake the pizza for about 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Slice the pizza into wedges or squares and serve hot.
Whether you’re enjoying it as a quick weeknight dinner or serving it at a gathering with friends, garlic scape pesto pizza will surely be a crowd-pleaser. So go ahead and indulge in this flavorful and satisfying pizza experience!
Frequently Asked Questions On Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza
To make a garlic scape pesto pizza, slather easy garlic scape pesto on a pizza crust, top it with mozzarella cheese, and bake it until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Combining the garlic scape pesto and melted cheese will create a flavorful and delicious pizza.
To enhance its flavor, you can add various toppings to a garlic scape pesto pizza. Some popular options include cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, honey, red pepper flakes, pine nuts, and balsamic reduction. Feel free to experiment with different ingredients to create your unique pizza combination.
Yes, you can freeze garlic scapes for later use. Tuck them into a food storage bag, chop them into desired sizes, and freeze them. Freezing garlic scapes gives you a readily available supply of recipes throughout the year.
Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza is a mouthwatering delight that combines the unique flavors of garlic scapes, basil pesto, and melted cheese on homemade pizza dough. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for quick weeknight dinners or a crowd-pleasing meal for gatherings.
The aroma of the garlic scapes and the creamy texture of the melted cheese will leave your taste buds craving more. So, why wait? Try this delicious Garlic Scape Pesto Pizza recipe and elevate your pizza game to a new level!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
As the author of the “Ultimate Pizza Guide: Recipes, Tips & Secrets Revealed,” I’m dedicated to sharing my love for pizza and empowering others to create delicious homemade pizzas with ease. Join me on a journey to uncover the secrets to perfecting your pizza game!